Transformation of the responsive web design is one of the most interesting developments in the web development acumen. A responsive website design easily fits into the devices of various screen sizes, be it your smartphones, personal computers, laptop, or tablet.
The design adjusts the layout in sync with the size of the screen without disturbing the clarity. As today more and more people are searching the information online from smartphones, tablets, and mobile phones, responsive website design has a great impression on Search Engine Optimization – SEO. To have a positive effect on SEO the website should be abreast with all the elements of a good responsive design.
Here are the top 10 SEO benefits of responsive web design:
- Improves the local SEO ranking: If you are targeting local keywords, the responsive website will improve local search visibility for your website. With increased numbers of mobile users, mobile users seeking local business directions a good and professional-looking responsive web design help major search engines like Google identify that website deserves a good position in the local search results. On the other hand, if your web pages are not mobile-friendly, the website will have a poor user experience resulting in a high bounce rate which negatively affects your SERPs rankings.
- Does away with duplicate content: Often most of the website owners who develop a separate mobile version of a website often replicate the original content from the main version to their mobile version. This results in duplicate content and reduces the credibility of the mobile site in search engines. However, a responsively designed mobile site enables the website owner to develop authentic and fresh content by removing the challenges of duplicate content.
- Minimizes the SEO investment: A professionally designed Responsive website will have a single URL for both the desktop and mobile users making it easy for the search engines to crawl the URLs and the content easily. All the onsite version of the desktop version that includes Meta tags, search engine-friendly content and internal linking structure will also be relevant for the mobile version. Also, the link-building efforts will be equally maintained for both the desktops and mobile versions with responsive design.
- Saves money: Responsive website design helps business owners save time and money that would be otherwise spent on developing an additional mobile website. Choosing a responsive design saves extra costs on mobile development maintenance and support.
- Improves the rate of conversion: A non-responsive website is likely to have a negative impression on your business as it will not be able to compete with the website of your competitors that are smartphone-friendly. To survive and grow in your business it is important to reach your target audience in a more effective manner as compared to your competitors. A responsive website will ensure that you have a larger audience base thus boosting your chances of conversion.
- Reduction in bounce rate: This is one the most top-rated SEO benefits of responsive web design is that it enables the reduction in bounce rate. If your site is not designed properly and is not formatted properly, people are going to leave your website. However, the responsive web design makes sure that people can view your site properly, allowing them to effectively engage with your site across all platforms.
- No- the need for the site re-directs: With a good responsive website you will not have to face the need for the site re-directs for the mobile version of your site. Site re-directs will have the ability of your site to generate search traffic and will create complications in your SEO strategies.
- Improves the usability of the site: To check if your site’s value for users, Google views the total time spent by the visitors on your site’s pages. If the users find navigating your website hard, they will leave your site without further browsing it. However, a responsive website will make it easier for your users to look through your website. This will result in enhanced user experience and increased time spent on your website- these two things important for good SEO rankings.
- Division of link equity: If the business has one site for regular web users and one for mobile, you may be dividing links between the two sites, which could impact the link equity of your website. A good responsive design does away with this concern totally as all the links will be directing to one website for utmost SEO benefits.
- Rank on all the devices: If you have a regular site and mobile site, you need separate SEO strategies for both thus creating more workload. It also makes the mobile sites difficult to rank in SERPs. A responsive website does away with this concern by enabling your site to rank the same in SERPs across all the devices.
Mobile browsing has overtaken desktop browsing as the first choice for most internet users and this makes responsive websites not an option but a necessity in the modern world.